Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yesterday's Art & Craft Fair - What an event!

Congratulations to Jessica and Kylie from the Auckland Craft Collective, their first Auckland Art and Craft Fair was a huge success, packed full of shoppers all day.

Presenting my Topography shirts on half a table was a challenge, but after a bit of shuffling I was ready to go, and it was so exciting to be part of such a big event.

The stream of people was so constant that I didn't really get to shop so I am working my way through the online stores of all the vendors (listed on the Fair blog) to make an after-Fair purchase to remember it by.

It was a great experience to be a vendor amongst such quality crafters, I was very lucky to have a half-table next to Anna from Riverbed. Her pretty brooches and bags co-ordinated with my shirts so well that people often thought it was all one stall! Thank you Anna for being a great table-mate.

My other neighbour was Belinda from Blendy Knits - she is so clever that she has just had a book published of her sock patterns! It was so interesting to see all the different kinds of people interested in starting or re-starting their knitting. Next to her was Heleen from Ruby in The Dust with her pretty pretty bags and dolls.

Thank you to everyone that came and supported the event, and to my family and friends who helped me with what was such a big day for Topography - especially Aimee for all her great ideas and my husband for keeping me calm. And of course the grandparents for babysitting...

1 comment:

  1. The fair sounds like a lot of fun! I noticed too that people are more and more into knitting and crochet, which I think is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails