Friday, February 18, 2011

Things I'm loving...

It has been a busy week but these things have made me smile...

This new Lego game is like Pictionary but you build instead of draw - we got it for my brother-in-law's birthday and it looks awesome! Available in NZ at the Warehouse or fishpond (cute review here).



Did you know that the Auckland supercity means all 55 libraries are now amalgamated? I had forgotten to check out the revamped Birkenhead Library until a couple of weeks ago, but it is lovely... airy and modern with lots of natural light, and a playground right outside.


NZ artist Sarah McNeil is known for her beautiful animal sketches, and is having a sale to clear her Etsy shop - how cute is this "Trying to be happy a lot of the time" print? I bought the set of quilt notecards.



And finally, if you have the Living Channel on Sky (or want to watch online), take a look at Kirstie's Homemade Home (Monday nights). It fits perfectly with our re-design theme, and just in last week's episode Kirstie made a cool teenager's bean-bag (with pockets for remotes!), stencilled on some window blinds and made a glass bowl. This week she tried the machine embroidery that is like drawing, I can't wait to try it myself.


See what everyone else is loving this week on Paisley Jade's blog (and check out her amazing rainbow cake!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I love your list. The Birkenhead library looks so awesome... as well as Creationary (my boys would love that!!).

    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creationary is awesome. My oldest son got it for Christmas and the whole family loves playing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails