Friday, December 30, 2011

Foxy


There is something supercute about foxes. Pretty and fluffy with a reputation for being quick and clever, no wonder they make a great motif for art and craft.


So I couldn't resist a competition by one of my favourite stores Foxes.co.nz - the challenge was to send something foxy in the mail. I adapted a pattern from this awesome amigurumi book, intending to make a tiny fox that could double as a Christmas tree ornament. But it came out bigger than I thought, so once I had made the head I added a bow tie and mounted it to a postcard instead. You can see the amazing winning BOOK (yes, a book!) on the Foxes blog - and my special mention as official runner up!!! Not bad for a crochet newbie    ; )

If you haven't browsed Foxes before, it is full of pretty things and perfect for buying presents, here are some of my favourites:






I was meaning to post about this a few weeks ago but forgot until we happened to watch Fantastic Mr Fox on DVD last night - a really gorgeous and funny adaptation of the Roald Dahl book.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE FANTASTIC MR FOX! Totally in my kid dvd collection :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails