Saturday, December 3, 2011

Some DIY Christmas Ideas

Wreath tutorial here

There is still time (what, only 3 weeks? eek!) to make some handmade presents for Christmas - these are some of the ideas I have seen and bookmarked...


Meet Me at Mike's has a HUGE list of tutorials here. I like the ideas with jars like paper-covered jars and pencils at Design Sponge, cookies in a jar and Martha Stewart's memory jars. I also love these tiny paint-sample notebooks and Pip has made a list of her crochet tutorials.



Epheriell Designs has an awesome list of ideas here, including decorations, gift tags and edibles. How cute are these meringue trees from penguin says feed me.



Everything Etsy has a list of 101 tutorials here. After a quick look I found this sock owl tutorial, a recipe folder (I love the spoon but would have to simplify the embroidery!) and this braided headband.



Ideas I have saved through the year on pinterest are here, I love this spotty canvas, a personal photo collage (I was going to do a version of this for Christmas cards but am running out of time) or some kind of button picture. I would also like to try spraypainted spoons and porcelain paint pens but I am trying to avoid investing in new craft materials... maybe I should ask Santa for some paint pens!



Kara's Party Ideas has some cute food and party ideas, I might actually be able to manage the choc-dipped marshmallows with sprinkles... and speaking of food, I highly recommend the creamy fudge recipe on Cat Taylor's blog, a gift I would be very happy to receive!

Please feel free to share any of your favorite tutorials too   :)

2 comments:

  1. awesome list of ideas- love those meringue christmas trees. Have never made meringues but this makes me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! lovely post and sweet the Christmas ideas is many and have never made meringues but this makes me want to!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails