Friday, January 13, 2012

Smartie-pants cakes


I love this robot cake my sister made for the little man's recent birthday...


The numbers are icing set in a chocolate mould and the smarties (pebbles!) reminded me of some other awesome cakes I have seen lately.


Retro mummy always has amazing recipes on her blog but I love this one... pastry and ganache and smarties, oh my!


I found this rainbow cake on pinterest but it is originally from this Parents.com article on easy cakes. Just use different sizes of M&Ms, genius!


Even easier - M & Ms and Kit Kats by RecipeGirl.com (I am not a kit kat fan but I know lots of people that are).


And taking the trend for ombre cakes to the extreme is this one from Martha Stewart Weddings (for more amazing ombre cakes see here).



2 comments:

  1. The robot cake is terrific. I used Smarties on the 'rainbow cake' I made for my daughter's recent party. It was a hit! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails