Friday, February 17, 2012

Cutest Crochet So Far...


I would have tried crochet years ago if I had seen this amigurumi girl-dressed-as-butterfly. I was looking for a butterfly pattern for a birthday present and actually gasped when I found the Owlishly shop on Etsy.


Mia Zamora Johnson sells patterns for little dolls playing dressups - there are so many but some of my other favorites are the girl-dressed-as-cow and boy-dressed-as-puppy. Even more patterns are in her Ravelry shop, which is where I bought mine (US$5 for emailed PDF instructions).


The instructions were easy to follow, and the only tricky time-consuming part was embroidering the wings. The pattern had gorgeous blue wings but we only see orange monarch butterflies around here so (inspired by this blog post) I improvised. I had also splashed out on some soft worsted pink wool for the face and hands which was lovely to work with.


If you are interested in some easy amigurumi crochet projects, have a look at the Owlishly blog as there are some free patterns including hearts and this too-cute bear hat. I have also tried the egg pattern which is very easy.




3 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing ever!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love the idea of the 'doll dressed as' :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails