Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wedding thoughts


I have weddings on my radar at the moment because I get to be bridesmaid for my sister in December - and websites like Pinterest and Etsy are amazing resources. When I got married six years ago, I did minimal DIY (invitations, table cards and bracelets) but Handmade and Vintage are now wedding keywords, with creative types going all out on wedding craft.

Tutorial here

And it is not just the weddings themselves - arty engagement shoots, high tea bridal showers or hens parties... they are all over the internet making me daydream about cupcakes, macarons, bunting and doily lanterns.


Of course the appeal of going handmade and/or vintage is that your wedding won't look like anyone else's - my sister has designed this amazing motif and had it customised into a stamp (from here). I love these food stamps too...




A knitted ring pillow...


A paint-sample garland...




And here are some Etsy picks that you don't have to make yourself:






Wedding pictures are very personal so instead of 'grabbing' other people's, here are links to some of my favourites from the interweb:
And more great resources:

Let me know if you have any other ideas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails