Thursday, March 21, 2013

Crazy Cute Amigurumi Turtle


This was the cutest pattern I could find for a special friend who has a baby coming soon. I hunted through my amigurumi books and Pinterest, but it was not the first time that I found an awesome pattern on Etsy. The shop is called Pepika and has many other gorgeous animals in it (like this fox!) The pattern (buy here) was only US$5 and was quickly emailed to me as an easy-to-follow PDF file.



It looks great in person because the stitches are really tight from using a 2mm hook. I gave it a purple shell and then waited to find out if it was for a boy or girl before doing a hat (yes, it is going to be for a girl!) The worst part of making amigurumi toys is sewing all the fiddly pieces together so I loved how the head and body were made in one piece.

Linking up with My Creative Space


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails